Disclaimer: I was forced to write this blog today. I was told by an unnamed person that it has been too long since my last post. I admit that I could have written this post earlier, but I was lazy and didn’t want to scan all the accompanying pictures. And, since it took me forever and a day to scan pictures (because they came from someone else), I am putting a lot of them in this post!
So, last Saturday we went to a local farm with our 0-3 year olds from our church. It wasn’t a very fall-like day though. The temperature was around 75 degrees and we actually found ourselves sweating. We had a pretty good turnout for our first event though. I think there were at least seven families there from our church.
This isn't a very good picture, but while we were waiting for the others to arrive, we saw a wooly bear. That field trip last month came in handy.
My sister-in-law, Amanda (who is due any day) and her family also came too. It was nice that it was close to their house in case our niece wanted to make her grand entrance (she didn’t).
There was plenty to do. They had free hay jumping for the little kids. Nicholas was a little apprehensive at first.
Once he got comfortable he was jumping like a pro.
They had face painting as well. Some of the girls (2 yrs and under) had their faces painted to look like cats. Nicholas wanted his face painted until he sat down in the chair. Then he changed his mind. We decided to head to the hay ride instead. Evan, Nicholas, Jason and Carter decided to ride while Amanda, my sister Amy, and I took pictures.
Afterwards we headed toward the food. Some of us we’re pretty thirsty, while others really wanted some popcorn.
After having our snack, it was time to pick out our pumpkins. Nicholas wanted some really big pumpkins. He tried to lift them, but decided it was best if his dad carried them.
Finally, we headed back to the hay jumping one last time. Nicholas and Carter turned it into a wrestling ring, which is a common practice for them right now.
Overall, we all had a great time. We enjoyed spending time with our 'sprouts' friends from church as well.
















No comments:
Post a Comment