One song that I really like is by Matthew West called “One Less”.
There’s another song going around right now by Sanctus Real called “Lead Me”
This song was written out of a real life situation. This couple was having marriage problems. The husband was supporting his family, but never around. He was on tour a lot. The wife wasn’t innocent in the matter either. There was tension and strife. They didn’t know how to resolve conflict. So, they went to God for healing. They decided to fight for their marriage. This song was written for his wife. But, she felt that it was something that could benefit others. I know it has moved both Evan and me. I don’t always do the best job of letting Evan lead, but it truly is the desire of my heart.
The third song that I want to talk about is “Our God”
And if Our God is for us, then who could ever stop us
And if our God is with us, then what can stand against?
And if Our God is for us, then who could ever stop us
And if our God is with us, then what can stand against?
What can stand against?
Would your trials be different if you knew that God was on your side? If you knew that nothing could stand against Him? Nothing. Evan and I had an interesting conversation the other night about unanswered prayer.
I think the fact that God doesn’t always answer our prayers the way we want is what people use as an excuse to turn away from Him. I just think about all the prayers I’ve prayed that God has said, “No, I have a better way.”
Being the proud human being that I am, I always think my way is better. I always have to figure it out. But, if I got all my prayers answered the way I wanted, then I wouldn’t have met Evan. I wouldn’t have adopted Nicholas. I wouldn’t have a lot of the wonderful experiences that I did because my plans were so different.
I know I’m kind of on a tangent, but I really feel that even in life’s hardest moments, God knows the reason. He knows the purpose. And, he’s going to use it for His glory. We don’t always understand it and may not get our answers this side of heaven. But, I choose to stand with a God that is always by my side.
I didn’t intend to get preachy, but all three of these songs really speak to my heart and I highly recommend them.
1 comment:
Kristin,
I love those songs, especially the Chris Tomlin one. My mom has been listening to Christian music and that was the first song I downloaded for her. It's like her personal anthem now.
I didn't know Lead Me was written from personal experience.
Post a Comment