Saturday, October 23, 2010

Processing

I had a lot of expectations coming into this conference and a lot of goals. I wanted to figure out the direction of my blog. I wanted to figure out how to grow it a little bigger. However, I don’t think that’s really what I have come away with so far.

Sure, there are a lot of awesome bloggers here. I’ve met so many of them. Some I have read their blogs and instantly knew who they were. Others I am just learning about. But, everyone here is so kind and down-to-earth. I was worried that I would feel inadequate here, but as I talk to the different women, they all have struggles and insecurities.

This conference has a lot of food too. We have a piece of cake sitting in front of us every evening at dinner. There is a lounge that is always stocked with chocolate! We have been given so many free goodies that I think Kristy and I will need a bigger car to haul it back home. That’s been fun.

But at the same time, I feel like I am at a woman’s conference or a mom’s conference. And, I am not complaining. I feel like God is working on so many of us here. He’s convicted me that maybe the Internet is a little more important to me than it should be. We were actually told that our blog and/or our time on the Internet should not be our sole focus. God and our family should be number one.

They told us to be who we are and not try to be like someone else. They told us that it is okay to be a small blog because God is still speaking through us. I realize that I need to make some changes with Nicholas. I am with him all day, but not “present” enough because of the Internet.

So far, I have come away with so much more than increasing my visits, gaining sponsors, and finding my niche. I love to write. This blog helps me have that outlet. But, it’s okay not to write every day. It’s okay to be me.

My blog will probably continue to be about the same things, but maybe a little bit more about what I am learning in life. I think it is important for others to know that we’re not all perfect and we don’t have it all together. But, God is doing great things in my life. It hasn’t always been easy, but it has been worth it.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Just wanted to let you know that your blog has truly been a blessing and an encouragement to me. :)