Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Barbara

Late last week I was in my garage looking for something when I stumbled across a large box full of some of my things from my childhood. I always like to reminisce so I brought it into the house to look at when I had a free moment. On Saturday I opened up the box and found my first baby doll (circa. the late 70s). Nicholas decided to play with it and took it to Nana and Poppy’s that morning. Evan and I left him there for about an hour and a half. When we returned, the doll had a name. Her name is “Barbara”. Not so coincidentally, that happens to be my mom’s first name.

Well, Barbara and Nicholas have become fast friends. She’s ridden in the car wherever we went this weekend. Then, on Monday, Nicholas decided to take care of her. She ate lunch that he “prepared” with my Girl Scout camping dishes (also from the box). She had a timeout because she touched his things. And, we made a pretend crib for her. He fed her a bottle and pretended to feed her Cheerios before he ate them all himself.










It doesn’t bother me that he is playing with a doll. He’s using his imagination right now and I like seeing him pretend.

Oh, Barbara, thank you for providing hours of fun, so I can get ready for my conference.




2 comments:

Kristy K said...

This is my favorite post ever from you!!! How stinkin' sweet!!! :):)

Anonymous said...

that's awesome! he will make a great father someday! my favorite part was the time-out barbara got for touching his toys ;)
~nicole