I just realized today that we actually were able to leave the house four days this week! No wonder we didn’t feel as cooped up around here.
On Tuesday, Nicholas got his haircut. He was so grown up. Usually someone needs to be by his side, but he actually said to me, “Go, Mommy.” He’s come a long way. One thing remains the same though; he still likes to sweep up afterwards.
Wednesday we had our Bible study. Afterwards, my sister and I took one car and my mom and Nicholas went in another to the mall. Amy and I were on a mission to get me some clothes for my conference. We seemed to run into my mom and Nicholas three or four times though. Nicholas finally rode the train in the mall. Unfortunately, there is no evidence other than my mom’s word. I was in a dressing room when it happened and she didn’t have her camera with her. When we finally reached the train and asked him if he wanted to ride again, he said, “No. Just once.” Well, at least he got over his fears and finally rode it.
The mail this week finally brought Evan’s diploma. They said it would take 6-8 weeks and they weren’t kidding. So, here is the evidence for all those who want to see it:
On Thursday, my sister took Nicholas and me to the paper store. Our Sunday school department is starting new curriculum this week, so I had several new crafts to get ready and make. This curriculum is a lot more work, but it looks like it will be great for the kids. Nicholas and I learned the songs and their motions all week. I knew he had the songs down when he started singing them to me while I was on the phone. I tried not to laugh, but wasn’t very successful at holding it in. Of course, this encouraged him to do it more and he has sung to me several times since. At least, he’ll be able to help out the teachers in his class since these songs are new to all of us.
Friday my mom and sister came to take us out again. I told Nicholas that if he was well-behaved and loving toward me during the car ride that I had a surprise for him. Well, he loved it. He was able to have his own shopping cart. He looked at my mom and said very loudly (he has no volume control), “Nana, I have a cart too like you! We’re best friends!” He helped me put the groceries in and even handed them to the man at the register. I know I set a precedent and he’ll want to do it every time, but it’s also a good way to show him that this is a privilege and will be taken away for bad behavior.
We don’t have too much going on this weekend other than church. Evan did volunteer to work this morning. It’s his one free Saturday this month, so I really appreciate him doing this for our family. At least, it isn’t all day and he’ll still have some down time. I, on the other hand, must continue to work on my songs for tomorrow. I’m never going to get them out of my head.
1 comment:
RELEVANT Meet & Greet: http://ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com/2010/10/20-days-till-relevant-meet-some-of.html
Can't wait to see you there!
Traci
Post a Comment