Since we were wrapping up our topic about love, I decided to do a craft that would help him to remember two things: Love God and Love Others. Each statement was on a heart. Then he was able to finger paint on the paper. It still takes Nicholas awhile to really want to get his hands dirty, but he’s getting better.
We also reviewed A, B, C, and D and their sounds. He liked matching the letter cards to the pictures.
He also learned how to color by number this week. I was really impressed by how well he was staying in the lines. Usually he just scribbles all over the paper, but he was making a real effort this time.
We also reviewed writing letters and I introduced the numbers 1 and 2. I only expect him to try to write them. I don’t expect them to be perfect. I keep reinforcing to him that we are just practicing.
But, sometimes things can just get a little silly, and that’s a good thing too.
Also, we were reading a book all week called Lenny’s Lost Spots.
Finally, we played sight word Bingo. I don’t know which he loved more, winning the game or taking the pennies after we were done and putting them in his bank.
I'm really excited about our October topics. This first week should be purr-fect.
1 comment:
Hi Kristin, I saw you on the list of attendees and thought I'd pop by to meet you - before the conference. :)
What a cutie you have there. Looks like some productive learning play. That works perfectly for little people.
Nice to meet you!
Lynnette
Post a Comment