Things have been hard lately. I haven’t talked about this on the blog before, but this summer not only brought Nicholas home, but it brought job loss to our family. After working at his job for 10 years, Evan was laid off. It was nice having him home so he could spend time with Nicholas and really bond with him. It also helped me get adjusted to our new life as well. We were hoping Evan would find something quickly, but like most people in this economy, that hasn’t been the case. He has been lucky enough to have a friend hire him for small jobs whenever he has something available. That has softened a lot of the blow.
But, I can’t help but look ahead to the future. We’re paying COBRA at a discounted rate, but that ends in 3-4 months. After being in the same job for so long, Evan wants to make a change, but he’s not sure which direction he wants to go in. It’s such a stretching and growing experience for both of us. And, we need prayer. We need prayer for direction and peace. Tensions can rise with caring for an active two-year old and the cloud of unemployment always overhead. It’s just been hard.
I know God is in control and for the most part, I try not to let this get to me. But, some days, I can’t help but think and think and think . . . I hate that our adoption was so difficult, but I see the many blessings it brought us. I don’t think it seems fair to be laid off after all of that, but it happened and I’m trying to see the blessing in this situation. God has taken care of us so far. We are able to pay our bills with no problem. Evan is able to concentrate on his schoolwork (only 2 weeks of class left this semester!!!). Nicholas has had more time with his dad than he would if he were working, especially since he has school two nights a week. So, there are many blessings.
It’s just that light at the end of the tunnel looks so dim at times. However, I know things can change in an instant. I know it only takes one phone call, one resume, one contact. We just don’t know who that is or where to look at times. So, please pray for us. For me, pray that I would not let worry consume me and cloud out all the joy I have in my life. Pray that Evan would be able to persevere in the face of disappointment and adversity. Pray that we would not doubt that our God is big enough to take care of us. Finally, pray for others that are in our situation, especially those that don’t have Hope.
Kristin
2 comments:
Praying for you!
Kristin - I can't imagine...your family has had many, many changes in the past few months. Praying for you to conquer it all. We think of you often.
Post a Comment