Friday, December 11, 2009

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Mommy

As I stated in my last blog, Nicholas just had his first cold since coming home. It wasn’t too bad and he never complained. I, however, want to complain a little bit because he gave it to me! Mine has been a lot worse than his was. I am finally at the tail end of it, but I look a lot like Rudolph right now. At least we should be healthy for Christmas.

We did venture out on Wednesday to get Nicholas a haircut and then bake cookies with Nana and Amy. I wasn’t allowed to touch anything since I wasn’t feeling well, but Nicholas got into it. We had to watch him though because instead of just unwrapping the kisses, he was taking them down. He also had a few cookies that came out of the oven. This boy definitely loves sweets!


Checking himself out in the mirror. This is the first time there was no crying or whining. He sat like a big boy the entire time.





Yesterday morning we were able to go on a playdate with my friend, Kristy and her son, Anthony. It was Anthony’s birthday so Nicholas gave him a small present. He hasn’t truly learned the art of giving yet though because as I was getting my straw and napkins I glanced over to see Nicholas holding Anthony’s gift above his head as Anthony chased him around McDonald’s. It really is nice for Nicholas to have a friend with the same build and temperament as himself. They seem to be able to play well with each other (for the most part) and can handle the other’s roughhousing.

Well, there is just two weeks until Christmas and all the presents are purchased. I really don’t care about the gifts or even the Christmas cookies (and I love cookies) though. I’m just so glad that Nicholas is home and all the drama that we experienced last year is over. Our post-placement report is done on its way to Russia, so that headache is over. I am just trying to enjoy my little boy. In three months he will be three years old. He has already changed so much in five months and looks less like a chubby toddler and more like a little boy. It makes me realize that we need to stop and treasure each day.

Kristin

No comments: