Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009

What a challenging year it has been for us! The first half of the year brought its own set of trials as we waited for Nicholas’ court date and continued to wonder if he would ever come home. Thankfully, on June 18, 2009, Evan and I were officially declared Nicholas’ parents. It was a day that we thought would never come.

Then, the second half of the year brought job loss and the ups and downs of raising a 2 ½ year old. It has been so easy to get frustrated about things, yet I still have peace inside about both. As crazy as I can let myself get, I still don’t let myself go too far into worry or frustation thanks to that peace.

So, what do I hope for in 2010? I want to have more joy even if things on the job front do not get better. I want to know God better and to truly seek His will in all that I do. I have ideas and I have plans, but are they mine or His? I want to continue to raise my son to not just be obedient, but to really get to his heart. At the same time, I want to continue to work on my responses. I get a lot of comments from people about how Nicholas is so well-behaved. I’d love to invite everyone over my house during those times when he has trouble listening. However, I want to start being thankful that our training is paying off and that my son is learning and growing.

I guess the biggest thing I want to learn in 2010 is not to worry so much about changing everyone else, but to work on my own life. I want to be less self-centered, less anxious and worrisome, less angry. Even though 2009 has been a difficult year for us, we have had more blessings that I can name. Should I expect any less for 2010 even if it is not how I pictured it?

I want to leave you with some pictures of our greatest blessing of 2009. Nicholas got some snow pants and boots with his Christmas money this year, so he and Evan took advantage of the snow we had this week. He never complained about being cold. It must be those Siberian winters that he was use to experiencing. But, here are some pictures of our little marshmallow:


The lighting almost makes him look angelic





Kristin

No comments: