Monday, December 21, 2009

“Oh, yes.”

The title of this blog is one of my favorite responses from Nicholas. If you correct him about anything, he will respond, “Oh, yes …” and add whatever we are talking about. For instance, if we tell him to play with his toy on the floor instead of the wall, he will say, "Oh, yes floor." It just sounds so grown up coming from his mouth.

But, “O” was an easy week, since Nicholas already knows this letter. We decorated the “O” with some CheeriO’s, since they look like the letter.





We colored a picture of an owl. You'll notice that the other student we had this week is only on "E" week (Just kidding, honey).





We glued together an octopus that I made out of construction paper. Each leg had on a number, so he can start to recognize his numbers. I know my octopus looks more like a crab or a jellyfish, but some things look much better in my head. Feel free to laugh.





Finally, we made our own ornament. It was a messy job, but now Nicholas will have a keepsake from his first Christmas in the United States.





Now, I want to follow up on my blog from last week. Things have been much better on my part. I’m not as angry and have extended more grace. Sometimes it is easy to think that I am the only one that has to deal with these issues, but I’m soon finding that is not true. In fact, I researched our sleep issues on the Internet and found that A LOT of people have trouble with their children at this age. We are definitely not alone. We have a wonderful little boy that is funny, eager to help, playful, and strong. We truly are blessed.

We’re excited about Christmas. Nicholas has already mentioned a big “P” word this week – Presents! We’ve also taught him about the real meaning of Christmas though, so it isn’t all about “the gimmees”. Yesterday in Sunday school we threw a party for Jesus’ birthday and brought the sugar cookies that Nicholas and Carter had decorated. The door hangers for each child also turned out great. It’s nice when a plan actually comes together.

This week’s goal is to keep Nicholas from too much sugar until Christmas Eve. It seems like he’s had way too many cookies lately. You know it is bad when even I don’t want to see another cookie again. I think we’re all going to need to detox at the beginning of the year.

I want to close by thanking all of the people who have thought about us this Christmas season. Things have not been easy, but we’ve been blessed by others. We only hope that in the future we will be able to do the same for people in our situation. So, thank you!

Kristin

No comments: