Monday, December 14, 2009

Nicholas!

“N” week was easy for Nicholas to learn because it was all about him. We took pictures of Nicholas and glued them on to our “N”. He loves looking at pictures of himself, so he was excited for it to hang up there all week.





We also made a necklace out of noodles. Even though we colored on the noodles and I told them they weren’t for eating, the necklace only lasted a couple of hours. I found pieces of noodles on our floor for the next couple of days.





Nicholas also had nachos for dinner one night. He enjoyed them and proclaimed that they were “nummy”.



We also played a game where we pinned the nose on the snowman (We used a Santa hat to blindfold ourselves). He liked that game and wanted it to stay on our wall, so we’re going to let it stay up with the other Christmas decorations.









Finally, Evan worked with him this week on recognizing his numbers. The foam letters and numbers that we have were meant for the bathtub, but I’ve found they work really well for our everyday use. At the end of each week, he gets to add the completed letter to his pile.

At church yesterday morning the kids put on a musical and, since there were no classes today, Nicholas got to watch too. They did a really good job. I realized that in three years Nicholas could be up on stage. He already said that he wanted to when he is “bigger”. They must have been entertaining enough because he was pretty well behaved. We had to remind him to whisper a little, but he sat on our laps for most of the performance. A nice surprise happened when he asked to go to the bathroom during the musical and actually had a dry diaper and went on the potty. We find that he is doing this much more often during his waking hours. Thankfully, I had my bag of travel reward M&Ms with me.

Evan’s had a couple of job leads in the last week. We’re hoping that he can at least get an interview or two from them. We haven’t expected much with Christmas around the corner, but are glad to see that people have been thinking about Evan and have been keeping their eyes open.

I want to end by saying that we have a very friendly boy. Everywhere we go Nicholas is always saying “hi” to everyone. He can’t answer the question, “How are you?” yet, but he usually has some story to tell. He does know his name though, so he can tell it to people and they actually understand him. I love watching him grow up.

Well, I've got to go, but we’re onto “O” . . .

Kristin

No comments: