We had a wonderful service this morning at church to
celebrate Resurrection Sunday! Since
we’re early birds, we headed to the 8 AM service. There was great worship and a very good sermon. Since it was so early, Daniel was the only
one in the nursery and there were only 4 kids in Nicholas’ class. But, we really liked getting up and letting
that be the first thing we did. We didn't do baskets or our mini Easter egg hunt until we got back. The focus was purely on Jesus.
As, I said in my last post, we did have one more Easter egg
hunt to go to yesterday. When we went
last year, Nicholas didn't manage to get that many eggs. But, this year he had a strategy. I've never seen him run so fast. He got so many eggs that I had to cut him off
from the easier ones and only allow him to find them in the trees and
bushes. Daniel even got an egg, although
he didn't get to eat his candy inside. I
was so thankful that my sister and dad came to help me out since Evan was at
work. My dad had the pleasure of getting
Daniel to take a little nap on his lap.
We were joking that he could catch flies with his mouth open like it
was.
| His mouth was open the entire time. |
| Poppy and Daniel with his one egg. |
Due to the lighting in my house at 7:30 in the morning and
my poor camera, our pictures this morning aren't the best. But, everyone looked very nice. Once we got home from church though, everyone
was already in different clothes.
We put out a dozen plastic eggs for Nicholas to find. They were filled with money and candy. I am not afraid to admit that I just took
candy from his Easter egg hunt yesterday and recycled it into my eggs. He has way too much candy, so I didn't want
to get any extra.
Then, he had to find his basket. I made it a little obvious, but not enough
for him to notice right away. He was
happy to get a DVD he’s been wanting. I
also got him some new supplies for his art box, and a very small amount of
candy.
Once Daniel woke up from a mini-nap, he had his own
hunt. I put out four eggs filled with
cereal or puffs. Then he received a
basket with more puffs, cereal, and a sippy cup. We’re keeping it simple this year.
| How do I get this open? |
Finally, we spent the afternoon at my parents' house. I didn't take any pictures though, but we had a good time. Daniel was constantly on the move. Nicholas had fun playing with various family members and on Nana's Kindle. I'd say we all left very full and ready for bed.
All in all it was a very good day. Sometimes we forget that this holiday is probably the most important of the year. We're so thankful for Christ's sacrifice for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment