We've experienced these things, but Daniel has taken time
change woes to a new level. Nicholas’
birthday party had already screwed up his schedule. On the night of the time change, Daniel woke
up around 12:30 (Pre-actual time change) and had trouble going back to
sleep. I continued to remain awake for
hours after he went to sleep. Needless
to say, it was harder to get up when the alarm went off that morning.
Then, yesterday, Daniel slept in the nursery during the first
hour. Then, he whined and complained the
rest of the day, but would not nap.
Finally, at 4:30, I had just finished feeding him and went to put his
bowl in the dishwasher. When I looked
up, he was sound asleep in his high chair.
He took a decent nap, but then managed to stay up a little past his
bedtime. With a minor 2 AM wake up this
morning, we’re all trying to get back to normal. I’m sure it is going to take all week to
adjust.
But, we did have some good moments in the last day or
so. The weather was very nice on Sunday,
so I took the boys on a walk. Nicholas
rode his bike and Daniel got his first ride in an umbrella stroller.
| We're hoping to take the training wheels off this Spring. |
Evan, his dad, and brother-in-law were working on our half
bath yesterday, so that may have contributed to Daniel’s nap troubles (had to
stay downstairs). I did bring his
playard downstairs so he could sleep there and also to corral him so he wasn't headed up the stairs every other minute.
He did have some fun playing.
Here are some brighter moments:
| The little stinker did steal my bottled water and crawl all the way up the stairs with it! |
Finally, we reached bed time for the boys. Daniel still sleeps in our room until his
sleeping is more consistent and wake time is a little later. He does sleep in his crib for his morning nap
though. Nicholas decided to use it in
the meantime.
| Are you sure he's leaving soon, Dad? |
| Apparently, it is fun to stare at him. |
Well, it is rest time around here now. Hopefully, for all of us!
1 comment:
The picture of him looking up at Spiderman is priceless!!! You should send that in to a magazine :).
I miss you, friend!
Post a Comment