We started the day off early in this house. Daniel was nice enough to sleep in until 6
AM. Nicholas was up around 7:00. Presents were done before 7:30. Somehow, I don’t think that will be the case
5-6 years from now.
Nicholas was appreciative of all of his gifts, even his
card. Like the good homeschooling mom
that I am, I made him try and read the entire thing by himself. He did pretty well!
We got him the next book in this series I read with him. He was very excited. He likes to read. I hope to find enough books to interest him so that he never loses that love of reading.
We also got him Batman sheets and a blanket for his
bed. I think he’s ready to move away
from the transportation theme that he’s had for the last couple of years. Superheroes are what’s in right now.
| His new blanket for his bed! |
Finally, we got him another game for the Wii. What’s Nint#ndo without Mario?
Then, Nicholas’ party was later this afternoon. We invited several of his friends and their
families to a pool party at the local rec center. My sister helped me plan a very cool Batman
party for Nicholas. She even made his
cake! We made sure all of the kids had Batman masks. A room full of boys and lots of sugar equaled
plenty of energy!
| The cake was decorated with M&Ms |
| Cute party guest! |
| All of the Batmans at the party |
There was one kink in the party. This rec center has a fun leisure pool with a water
slide, fountains, and shallow water.
This is where we were supposed to have the rest of the party, but their
chlorine levels were unsafe. They tried
to fix the problem, but never were able to do so while we were there. Thankfully, we were able to use the competition
pool instead. The water was a lot deeper
and some of the younger kids had to use life vests. But, I think Nicholas and his friends had a
lot of fun anyway.
| Daniel got in the water for a couple of minutes, but it was very cold! |
Overall, I think Nicholas had a great 6th
birthday. We’re so thankful to call Nicholas our son. I can’t wait to see all God has in store for
him this coming year!
| 6 Years Old! |
No comments:
Post a Comment