Today Nicholas went to his first official play date. Yes, he’s played over other kids’ houses, but
this is the first time where a kid requested that he come over and I dropped
him off there. He’s been excited about
it since he heard and has told anyone that will listen. I was happy about the potential time I would
have to get things done. It is always
dependent on my very unpredictable napper Daniel though. We’re hanging out together right now!
| Daniel during our own little play date. |
Tomorrow Evan is going to begin to work on our bathroom(s)
remodel! I told you a while back that we
want to fix up our house so we can move.
We were kind of watching our money until Daniel’s adoption was
finalized. Now we have the money needed
for the bathrooms, so it’s time to get this house ready! I’m not sure if there is enough time for both
bathrooms to get their updates, but at least one should be done by tomorrow
evening (barring any unforeseen incidents).
The house will still need some other minor updates, as well as paint
throughout the house, but I feel like this is a step in the right direction.
The rest of our life has been pretty ordinary. Nicholas had another good violin lesson this
morning. Daniel is not quite as
compliant as he used to be though. He’s
not content to sit when there are violins and music stands to try and
touch. We usually get through it without
any tears though.
Nicholas is also enjoying his art class each week. I’m pretty impressed by many of the projects
that he has done. I also like sitting
and talking to other moms during that time.
Daniel even has his own group of “friends” each week that he sees. He saw one little boy somewhere else
yesterday and that little boy was yelling, “Hi Daniel!” I think we’ll
definitely take another class next year.
| Crazy kids! |
| This happens all the time! |
| But, Daniel doesn't seem to mind. |
Daniel hasn't done too much new. He’s still standing a lot while holding onto
something. He does like to play a game
where we hold him up and let go to see if he can stand. He usually stands for a few seconds before
laughing and falling into our waiting hands. He’s a little stinker, but he can be a lot of
fun.
| This is what Daniel likes to do during homeschooling. |
Finally, we have a week until we have a six-year-old in the
house. I’m excited to celebrate
Nicholas. He may be a little more
excited than everyone else, but I think he’s ready to be in the spotlight, if
even for a day. I’ll be sure to update
about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment