We've had some fun getting ready for Easter the last few
days. My sister was nice enough to take
Nicholas for a few hours on Saturday afternoon to an Easter Egg Hunt. He came back looking like a bunny
himself. We now have several plastic
eggs to add to our collection. I can’t
complain because they have provided both boys with hours of fun!
We also colored our Easter eggs. GG had bought Nicholas a cool kit with
Spiderman stickers. He was so
excited! I also used this opportunity to
give Daniel his first taste of egg yolk.
He likes it!
“Tornado Dan” continues to keep us all busy. Lately I have been finding him with his
partner in crime – Gabby! They both like
to steal the tape measure out of our science box and play with it. Even if we hide it really well, one or both
of them, manages to find it.
Daniel seems to do pretty well in the nursery on
Sundays. Sometimes he gets pretty tired
though. He fell asleep in a little swing
this past Sunday. When I came to pick
him up, he was already awake, but he didn't look like he was ready to move yet.
Also, on Saturday, Daniel may or may not have taken his
first steps. I had just walked into the
kitchen to make dinner when I heard Evan yell that Daniel had walked. I've seen him take a step before falling, but
he has yet to replicate these supposed “first steps”.
I’m just kidding though. I believe Evan. But, Daniel did crawl for the first time the one afternoon I had gone somewhere. And, Nicholas did jump off the diving board alone for the first time, the one day I didn't come to his lesson. Well, at least it is Evan who has been there for all those moments.
I’m just kidding though. I believe Evan. But, Daniel did crawl for the first time the one afternoon I had gone somewhere. And, Nicholas did jump off the diving board alone for the first time, the one day I didn't come to his lesson. Well, at least it is Evan who has been there for all those moments.
Daniel does like to stand a lot by leaning on
something. He cruises furniture with just
a finger holding on, but he doesn't really want to let go completely (other
than Saturday).
We have one more Easter egg hunt before Easter. It is hard to balance the eggs and bunny with
the true meaning of Easter, but like Christmas, we do the fun, but don’t make a
huge deal about it. We try to spend
more time emphasizing Christ than a bunny. It's not always easy, but we do our best.
No comments:
Post a Comment