Monday, March 18, 2013

Watch Me Grow: 10 Months Old


Now that Nicholas’ birthday is over, it is time to start thinking of the next one.  Just two months until Daniel is one.  How did that happen?  Daniel’s most recent development could be described by his newest nickname, “Tornado Dan”.  He is into everything.  If he isn't taking every book off the shelf, then he is dumping out all of his toys.  He especially likes to do this after I've picked them all up.  He’s still constantly trying to climb the stairs and often finds delight in waking Nicholas up most mornings.  He’s our little tornado and we can’t get enough of him.





I’m afraid to say this, but naps are getting a little better.  He’s had a couple of days this week where he’s had not one, but two decent naps.  I’m hoping that once he starts walking that he will get even more worn out and take a great afternoon nap every day.

Think he's ready for a nap?


How about here?


In regards to walking, we’re getting close.  He can stand on his own for several seconds.  Steps are just around the corner.  We recently got him his first pair of shoes.  They’re so tiny, but they make him look like such a big boy.




Daniel is eating more table food.  He seems to be a fan of dairy, especially mozzarella cheese.  He also enjoyed some lasagna a few days ago.  I was told by one of the workers in the nursery on Monday mornings (my Bible study day) that he tries to get the other kids’ snacks.  So, we worked on Cheeri*s and he seems to like them too.  He also smiles every time I tell him to “chew and swallow.”

Even though Daniel is our little tornado, we have started to teach him how to clean up.  We made a game out of him putting each toy away in the bin.  The only problem is that once the game is over, he likes to dump it out again.  And, yes, he thinks he’s funny.

This month’s pictures were interesting again.  Daniel felt like throwing his dinosaur on the floor.  Then, he began rocking in the chair for fun.  I’m starting to think I should have picked a more stationary chair for these pictures.  Nonetheless, he’s still cute.















10  Months Old Today!


No comments: