Sunday, April 7, 2013

A Public Thank You to My Family . . .

This past week was pretty bad for me.  As I was leaving my parents’ house on Easter I noticed that my legs were feeling kind of sore.  The next day they hurt a little more, then the fever, chills and fatigue followed.  And, they didn't end.  I felt miserable.  My fever broke on Thursday.  When I was at the doctor’s office, she couldn't tell me what was wrong.  She thought maybe a virus that was going around.  After that visit things seemed to get better.  My appetite was coming back.  I could do a little more until Friday when my legs and arms started to ache a lot.  They still hurt even today with the nights being the worst.  I also have a small cough.  A lot of my plans got interrupted this week.  Thankfully, my family helped out a lot.

Evan called off of work on Wednesday.  He took Nicholas to his art class.  Then, he spent the rest of the day doing laundry, taking care of me and the boys, and made dinner.  He also took Nicholas to the grocery store on Friday evening and did our grocery shopping since I couldn't do it.  He was so helpful!

Also, for the first time in many, many years, my mom took care of me when I was sick.  She took me to the doctor on Thursday and then let me lay on her couch while she watched the boys.   On Saturday, she took Nicholas to swimming lessons and my dad came over to help with Daniel.  My sister also helped with him too.  Then my mom helped me do some (necessary) cleaning around the house.  I really appreciate each of you!

I couldn't have done this week without them.  I hated that I had to keep asking for help, but I just couldn't give the boys all of my attention and it was so hard to chase after Daniel.  I guess I have to thank my super-helpful six-year-old for helping out in that department.  He went above and beyond what should be expected of him.

Things are looking a little brighter now.  I've worn my contacts the last few days instead of glasses.  I put on some make-up.  I've eaten three meals without a problem.  I left the house today for – fun!  The rec center had given all of us that were at Nicholas’ party last month free passes since the leisure pool wasn't available then.  We had so much fun this afternoon!  I got to sit and talk to some friends and even massage my sore legs with the jets of the hot tub.  Nicholas got to spend a couple of hours playing with his friends in the pool.  And, Evan got to play water basketball with his. 

And, even our little D-dog got into the water and had a blast.  We might just have a future swim team member in our house.  He loved splashing in the water.  Daniel even put his face in on his own.  He kicked and paddled his little arms and legs.  I think he could have spent a long time in there if I had let him.  It was just a well needed fun day for all of us.

Here are a few pictures from this past week and from today:

Evan made a fun fort with the boys.

Inside the fort





He has the best hair!


Someone was in the water a long time!

*Note:  Nicholas was too busy to have his picture taken.  I tried.


So, that was our week.  I’m hoping that this week brings us back to normalcy.  I’m hoping to kick this weird bug for good!

No comments: