Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Spring?

The weather was so nice yesterday that we decided to head out to a park in our area.  I had a feeling that Daniel would have fun.  He seems to be our little daredevil so far.  And, my suspicions were confirmed.  He really enjoyed sitting in the baby swing.  Evan also took him down on the slides.








Nicholas has come a long way in the last couple of years.  He used to hate the swings when he was little.  We couldn't get him near them without him screaming bloody murder.  Now he enjoys them and is learning to pump his legs.  He gets frustrated that he doesn't get to go high enough as quickly as he does when we give him a push though.






He also climbed the little rock wall they had there.  He is going to day camp this summer and he knows they are going to have one there, so I think he was getting prepared. 






Other happenings in our house . . .

Nicholas has a little over a month left of Kindergarten.  I think this was a really successful year.  I have made a binder of most of the work we have done and it is now busting at the seams.  He also has a few more art classes left before they have a little recital/show.  Nicholas continues to tell me he never wants a break from school.  I take that as a good sign, but breaks are still much needed.

Also, this past week marked the five-year anniversary of meeting Nicholas.  I can’t believe he was just a little 13-month-old when we met him.  He didn't smile much and was considered big at 17 lbs.  While it would be over a year before we brought him home, he was still our son in our hearts from that day forward.


The first day we met!


Daniel is getting another tooth for sure.  We are anxious to see how many teeth he has by his first birthday.  He’s taking even more steps than he was before.  He loves to take large toys, like his boat or music table and use them to help him walk around the room.  One of the nursery workers from this past Sunday told me that he is very active!  That’s not news to us.

Evan and I are slowly getting this house ready to sell.  When I say slowly, it is a bit of an understatement, but we've had a little progress.  Evan’s father and brother-in-law have been a great help to us.  Our two bathrooms have new floors, toilets, and vanities.  There are some touch-ups that need to be done before we can paint, but we’re really happy with what’s been done so far.  We also cleaned out our linen closet and weeded through all the boxes of toiletries we had (most of the stuff was old or not needed).  It felt good to get rid of so much clutter.

We also purchased a new couch.  Our big blue couch was 9 ½ feet long and we needed something much smaller to make our family room look bigger.  We’re really happy with our new couch and will be happier when Salvation Army comes and picks up the other couch in 2 weeks.

So, some progress has been made, but there’s so much more to do.  I know the next project I want to tackle, so I’m hoping to work on it in the next day or so.  I’m hoping to have our home for sale by summer now.  We have a lot of work ahead of us, but I know we can do it.

No comments: