Thursday, April 18, 2013

Watch Me Grow: 11 Months Old

Daniel is taking steps!  Evan may have seen the first ones, but we've all got to witness many more.  In fact, we love to prop him against the couch and get him to come to us.  Sometimes he’ll play our game, other times not so much.

And, someone must have had a little growth spurt because lately he’s been feeling like a ton of bricks.  I no longer can carry him around in the infant car seat.  I actually hurt my arm doing so.  While it may take a little longer to get him in and out of the car, my body does thank me.

Daniel looks like he is on his way to getting another 2-3 teeth.  Two other bottom teeth may beat the top teeth, but we’ll see.  He got his first and only two teeth in January, so he’s about due for another.  In the meantime, he’s drooling like crazy.

When I was sick a week ago, I started barricading Daniel in on one side of the room.  With the amount of times he was crawling toward the stairs, I just couldn't get any rest.  Even though I am feeling better, we still keep him on just one side of the room most days.  He still finds things to get into, but it just makes things a lot easier.





Also, Daniel is a bit stubborn.  He does not want to hold his bottle.  I'll let go and he would rather not eat or just shake it and get formula all over the place.  He knows how to pick up small bites of food, but would rather throw them on the ground than put them in his mouth.  I did find something a little larger for him to eat.  These rice cake-like snacks melt in his mouth.  He resisted holding them at first, but has started eating them on his own.




He's still our little tornado though and seems to be getting stronger and stronger.  He loves tipping toys over or moving things around the room.






This month Daniel became even more difficult at picture time.  He just wanted to tear apart the "set".  He threw down the stuffed animal, ripped my sign and took off the blanket.  Then, he practiced getting off and on the rocking chair.  Thankfully, we only have one more month of the rocking chair picture.










Working on the sign


There goes the blanket . . .



I can get on and off.


Frustrated yet, Mom?



Good thing he is so cute!

Happy 11 Months, Daniel!  We love you!




No comments: