Thursday, May 17, 2012

Whirlwind


J had a doctor’s appointment yesterday (Wednesday).  This morning I woke up to an e-mail from her mom saying that J was dilated 1 cm and 50% effaced.  Her doctor thought it would be soon, but everyone figured we would have some time.  I had a list of things I wanted to accomplish this weekend to get ready.  The last thing I expected was our social worker calling me around 4:00 PM to say that J’s water had broken.

I sprang into action.  I’d like to say that I was cool, calm and collected, but that wasn’t the case.  I made dinner while washing laundry and running the dishwasher.  I packed Nicholas’ bag, as well as ours.  I made lists.  Evan finally arrived home three hours later. 

Once my dad came for Nicholas and we installed the car seat, we were on our way.  The whole trip to the hospital seemed surreal.  Initially, J did not want us at the hospital until after the baby was born, but she changed her mind.  So, we went.  We haven’t thought much about how heartbroken we would be if she changed her mind.  We are just going on faith.

We were greeted by J’s parents, sister, brother-in-law, and nephew.  It wasn’t as awkward as I thought it would be.  We sat and talked with them until the nurse got us a room ready.  And, now we wait.  As of right now, J wants us to take care of the baby once he is born. 

I am so tired right now that it is hard to even think or worry or plan.  I’m just finding this whole journey very interesting.  It is so different from Nicholas’ adoption. 

I will try and keep everyone updated as much as I can.  The Internet is spotty here and kicks me off after a couple of minutes.  Keep praying for everyone involved.  Once the baby arrives, the emotions are going to really be all over the place for everyone!

2 comments:

Kristy K said...

What an amazing, amazing thing!!! I can't even imagine all of the emotions on both sides. We are praying for you all!

Melissa said...

We are praying for you guys!!