It is hard to believe all that has happened in the last
week. We’re getting adjusted. The loss of sleep is hard, but I’m trying
to fit in naps when I can. The last two
nights I took one at 8:30. I figured
that would work because I would be up in a few hours anyway. I do feel a little bit more refreshed than
normal, but I still have a ways to go before I feel back to my old self. The perpetual brain fog is the most annoying
symptom of my sleep deprivation. I pride
myself on being very detailed and on top of things. Now I have trouble forming a sentence
sometimes.
Daniel had his first doctor’s appointment on Thursday and he
only lost 2 oz. of his birth weight. We
have a weight check on Friday to see if he gained it back. With the way he’s been eating the last day or
so, I think we’ll make it. He’s been pretty content until yesterday. I noticed that today he has been more alert
and fussy. I'm still really enjoying him though.
Nicholas still likes being a big brother, but I think he’s
ready for when Daniel can play with him.
He did tell me yesterday, “He’s annoying” when Daniel was crying for his
bottle. But, he’s also the one to set up
everything for a diaper change. He also
puts Daniel’s pacifier back in his mouth if it falls out.
I have been trying to put up this post since yesterday. I guess I should just put up what I have with
some pictures.
More when the fog lifts . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment