Friday, May 11, 2012

Less Than 3 Weeks Left

J is due in less than three weeks.  That means the baby can really come anytime.   We have a place for the baby to sleep.  We have bottles, diapers, and wipes.  We have several onesies.  We have a few outfits (tags still on).

We are ready!

Well, almost ready.  We are still trying to finish raising the money for our placement fee.  I changed the thermometer on the side of the blog.  As far as I know, J does not need any birthmother expenses, so I’ve moved us onto goal #3. 

There are three ways to help:

  1. Our Puzzle Fundraiser is ongoing.  We are over halfway done.   Sponsor a puzzle piece for $10 and we will write your name on the back of the puzzle.  This will be a nice momento for our child to have.

  2. Lifesong for Orphans has a tax-deductible account where you can send a donation for our adoption.  Your checks can be made payable to Lifesong for Orphans and sent to:

    Lifesong for Orphans

    PO Box 40 / 202 N. Ford Street

    Gridley, IL 61744

    Please put your donation preference in the memo line of the check – Preference: Morgan #2013. This is very important so the money is earmarked for our adoption. Any amount is a great help to us.
  3. Finally, Ordinary Hero will be having another contest at the end of the month.  We really need to sell at least a thousand dollars in merchandise to have a fighting chance.  So, if you want a t-shirt, mug, etc., then feel free to help us win.  If you just feel led to donate, then maybe consider doing option 1 or 2.

We are so grateful for each and every one of you that have helped us so far.   We have trusted God from the very beginning of this adoption.  Everything about this adoption requires us to have faith.  That includes once the baby is born too.  We all know that nothing is 100% until J & C relinquish their rights.  However, we remain optimistic.  Our cell phones are on and close to us from here on out. 

I didn’t want to leave you with just a fundraising post though.  Especially since I have been absent on here for well over a week.  We’re just finishing school and going to all of Nicholas’ activities.

How about just some pictures for now?  I’ll do my best to collect my thoughts and think of something interesting to write about.  Until that happens, here are some Nicholas pictures: 



More practice on his bike


I ran into Larry the Cucumber from Veggie T@les at the bookstore the other day



And, how about one of me, since it is my blog:

My new haircut!

Well, I realize that's I haven't really taken many pictures since my last blog.  I'll try and do better!




No comments: