Monday, May 14, 2012

What’s On My Mind



Our 10 year wedding anniversary is coming up in less than a month.  I don’t know how we’ll be celebrating though.  We are hoping to at least go out to lunch or dinner.  We’re probably going to do something special later this year.   We’ve never been able to celebrate our anniversary like we wanted.  Either Evan was out of town, or had school, or we were headed to Russia. 

Also, when will J give birth?  Her mother has been kind enough to update me on doctor’s appointments.  The first time was to tell us that J was measuring big.  Thankfully, I have stocked up on a lot of size 1 diapers because he may be skipping the newborn size all together. 

I had a good Mother’s Day.  It was my third official and fourth unofficial (we had just met him in 2008).  I didn’t really want anything, so I asked for something practical.  They bought me a huge magnetic whiteboard.  We had a small one we were using for school, but we outgrew it.  I’ve always been a big fan of school supplies, so this gift was perfect! 

Nicholas is getting so much better on his bike.  He’s getting fast and taking the turns so much better.  He asked to take the training wheels off, but I think he needs a bit more practice before that happens.  I’m sure it will be soon enough though.

We had our social worker over today for Nicholas’ last post-placement report.  Once she completes it, we’ll have to run downtown to get the apostilles, but after that . . . we are done!  It’s just a headache.  Speaking of headaches, why does W@lmart always cut the heads off my pictures?  I even chose “true digital” this time and it still happened on the one picture I absolutely needed.  We have to send at least 7 pictures with our report and one has to be a picture of the whole family.  Thankfully, I sent it to a different place this morning and we’re good to go.

One nice thing about having our social worker over was that we were able to talk more about J’s situation.  We had a couple of questions that we wanted answered in regards to the process.  We also talked about re-adopting Nicholas, which would give him an Ohio birth certificate.  It will make us feel a lot better because right now we only have his Russian birth certificate and adoption decree.  It would be so much easier to replace or get copies of an Ohio one.  It isn’t a difficult process, so hopefully we can get it done this summer.

I want to close with the results of a very big race that happened yesterday.  Recently, my dad did not choose his words correctly and ended up giving Nicholas the impression that they would race.  Nicholas had not forgotten, so the big race happened yesterday.  Scroll down for the winner!


On your mark . . .


Poppy takes the lead


But, he couldn't keep it!  Winner is Nicholas!


Two and a half weeks until J's due date!  


No comments: