Nicholas got to come and see the baby yesterday. My parents and sister drove him out here. Unfortunately, because the baby was in transitional
care, they had to see him mostly through the nursery window. The nurses did allow them to come in and see
him up close for a couple of minutes though.
Nicholas told us that he liked the baby, which we hope continues once the baby comes home.
We also enjoyed hearing some funny stories from my parents and sister
about all the things Nicholas has done or said in the last few days. We really miss him and can’t wait until we’re
all back together.
Everything continues to be headed toward placement. His birthparents came to see him last night while
we were in the nursery. I’m glad they
got to see him again. I’m not sure if
they’ll see him before she leaves the hospital today. But, this is not good bye. The relationship will continue on some level –
whether by pictures, e-mails, or a visit on occasion. I could do a whole post (and maybe I will) on
how my views on open adoption have been changed. We are so thankful for the time that we’ve
spent with the baby’s biological family.
It has been special.
If anyone is interested, the Ordinary Hero grant contest
starts today. Choose my name at
checkout. I’m not going to annoy people
about it (except on F@cebook). Our
placement fee is due very soon, so we’re hoping to raise just a little bit more
money to cover it. We appreciate
everyone who has been a part of our baby’s adoption.
Finally, Evan and I put up a teaser picture on F@cebook this
morning, so I’ll put it on here as well.
We did the same thing before we could put Nicholas’ picture on the blog.
We’ll show you a snapshot, but not the
whole picture.
Well, we're just hanging out for now. The guys (Evan and the baby) are napping. It must be nice.
Keep praying for everyone involved. Tomorrow should be an emotional day!
No comments:
Post a Comment