Friday, May 18, 2012

He's Here!

At 3:22 AM a little baby boy entered the world (name forthcoming).  J was in labor for about 12 hours.  Evan and I got very little sleep, so we're living on adrenaline right now.  The baby spends part of the time in the nursery and then time with us.  J is probably going to be discharged from the hospital as soon as she can.  Please continue to pray for her.  She has made a brave and courageous decision, but it is also not an easy one.  Pray for her family.  While her parents were happy for us, you could see that they were mourning the loss of a grandchild.  We've gotten to spend more time than I ever thought we would with them and we really care about J and her family.

Now, we have until Monday morning until J can terminate her rights.  Since he was born so early in the morning, we'll have to wait until at least breakfast time for this to happen.  So, there will be a lot of sitting around and waiting.  The hospital social worker stopped by to introduce herself and to let us know she is here for us if we need her.  Everyone has been so kind to us here.  It has been a great blessing.

We're hoping to get in some naps today.  One of us is having a much easier time sleeping than the other.

This is before the baby was born, but I could probably get more of the same since.

The head nurse just walked in while I was typing to say we can have the baby as much as we want.  We can feed him or they can feed him.  We're in charge.  I told her we may do a mix today since we haven't slept much.  The baby is with the pediatrician now, so he/she should be in to talk with us shortly.

I won't be posting any pictures of the baby yet.  I'll probably wait until Monday because there is always a chance. . .  But, we have peace and feel confident that the baby will be our son.

Pray for energy for my parents.  They will have Nicholas for four nights.  Last night he didn't sleep that much.  Thankfully, he has soccer this evening, so that should help.  He's excited to be a big brother, but really has no idea what to expect.  It will be an interesting transition for him, but I think he'll be a great helper!

Well, I'm going to wait for the pediatrician.  More later . . .




No comments: