I think that when you are expecting via adoption rather than pregnancy, it is hard to picture that a baby or child is “on the way”. There isn’t any physical evidence, although I can show you the copies of all the paperwork we had to fill out. There isn’t always a due date. Sometimes we feel lost behind the excitement of those whose impending child is a lot more obvious.
It stinks that we can’t tell you when this will all happen. It’s frustrating not to be able to give details because we simply do not have any. But, it is still real.
Ever since we started the adoption process, we have been preparing for our next child’s arrival in some way. Sometimes it is just us talking about the future and how our lives will change. Other times, I am browsing amazon.com to find good deals. I’ve used swagbucks that I’ve earned to purchase some things we will need the first few weeks of the baby’s life. I have a list of essential items that I hope to have before the baby’s arrival. I’m amazed by how many things I have been able to get for free (via Swagbucks) or at a substantial discount. Because of the cost of adoption, we need to try and save as much as possible.
Unfortunately, fundraising is also a part our reality right now. We have over 10% of our puzzle sponsored so far. There is also our fundraiser with Ordinary Hero. Our grant applications have been sent and are being reviewed. We hope to hear about them in the next 6-12 weeks. We’re still trying to reach our goal of having our first fee ready and waiting for when we are chosen.
I am going to try to not make all my posts about our fundraisers, but I do need to mention something else about Ordinary Hero. From today (Wednesday) until Sunday at 11:59 PM, everything is 20% off!!! So, if you are thinking about purchasing something, now is a good time to do it.
I have one other incentive to ask for your help. They are rewarding the top 3 sellers with grant money! First place gets $500 toward their adoption; second place gets $300; and third place gets $200. I’ve noticed that Ordinary Hero occasionally has grants like this for those that are having good sales. If you feel led, please, please, please consider checking out their site before Sunday night.
Don’t forget to choose my name from the drop-down box of affiliates at check out. That is the only way we will get credit for your purchase.
Adoption is a huge passion in my heart. God has done amazing things in my life because of it. I would never wish away any of the trials I had because my heart has been changed forever. I am happy to be adding our second child through adoption again. It’s not plan B for my life. It’s only enriched it.
And just in case you need a visual of our reality, here it is:
Please consider helping us win one of the three grants and be a part of our reality.

No comments:
Post a Comment