Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Re-cap

Boy, it definitely was strange waking up Easter morning and not going to church. When I went out to get the paper in my jeans and long-sleeved tee, I wished I had on my “I went to church on Saturday night” shirt on instead. But, we had a great service on Saturday night. Lately I’ve been feeling God continually asking me to say yes to the plans he has for me. Christianity isn’t about just going to church; it is about a relationship with Christ. You can have all the head knowledge you want, but if you aren’t constantly reading your Bible or talking to God, you are missing out on something so much more. I’ve spent most of my Christian life doing “the right thing”. It has just been in the last few years that I have truly been asking God, “What do you want for my life?”


I fail all the time. But, I also know God’s grace. My desire is to please him. My desire is to live for him. I want my children not to live a life of rules, but truly understand God and be open to wherever He leads them.

With that said, I see Nicholas’ heart softening. I feel like in the next year to year and a half, he will most likely accept Christ as his savior. He already tells me that Jesus is in his heart, but I want him to understand what that truly means.

We did celebrate with Easter baskets and Easter eggs. I’m not opposed to doing that on Easter. We don’t go overboard. I feel like the balance of secular and Christ-centered, tipped in favor of Jesus.

Nicholas first had to find all of the Easter eggs. He stopped to open each one before going to the next. I don’t know which was a bigger hit, the chocolate or the money? He carried the money around in his pocket most of the day. He also managed to eat a few pieces of candy too.






Money!



Gabby always wants to get in on the action!






An empty basket?



The contents of the basket



Later that day, we went over my parents’ house for dinner. Unfortunately, it wasn’t until we left that I realized that I never pulled out my camera. Just picture eating, watching a movie, playing games and playing with toys, and you get the picture.

Now it is back to normal. Well, our Bible studies are cancelled this week due to some schools being closed, but we still have a busy week ahead.

No comments: