Today Nicholas got his four year old pictures taken. And, let me just say that it was very memorable. See, when he was 2, he was told by the photographer that he was well-behaved and listened well. Last year, he was a little more hesitant, but loosened up. This time he didn’t want to cooperate. If the photographer asked him to smile, he gave his best cheesy grin. If she said to say something, he said “no” instead.
I wish I could say that I handled it all better. He is four and it is just pictures. But, I became the kind of parent that I can’t stand – one that is full of empty threats. Evan and I are always good about following through with positive or negative consequences with Nicholas. I think today Nicholas was being difficult and I was too worried about what the photographer thought.
I’m not sure if his lack of cooperation made it harder or easier to pick out pictures. Usually there are several good ones to choose from. This time, it was hard to find ones we liked. In a lot of them he had his eyes squeezed tight with a goofy grin. He looked very uncomfortable in others. And, in a few he looked like a contortionist as he moved himself out of the cute pose she had him in.
Needless to say, a modeling career is not in his future. I think he would be deemed too difficult. I’m joking – or am I? It was fun to spend some time with my mom and sister though. I think they both had a good laugh, both at Nicholas and me!
Here are some of the outtakes from the day:
In other news, please consider helping us win one of the Ordinary Hero grants. With the proceeds we make and if we win the grant, I think we will be very close to having the funds available for being matched with a birthmother. They have new cuff bracelets in their shop which might be a nice Mother’s Day gift. Also, there is a really nice hoodie on clearance.
Remember to choose my name from the affiliate drop-down box.
Please help this guy become a big brother soon:







1 comment:
Those pictures are GREAT!!! I can see so much of his personality!!
Post a Comment