For one dollar Nicholas was able to purchase four books. They’re all used and donated books, so you have to pick through them. We did find some decent ones though. When we were finished looking Nicholas paid for them all by his self. The lady asked me if I wanted a receipt, but before I could answer Nicholas chimed in, “Yes”. He held his books and his receipt in his hands the entire ride home (I pushed him in the stroller). I’m happy to know that once or twice a month we can head over there and check out their selection.
Life has been difficult lately. I have a feeling some of it has to do with my attitude. At Bible study on Tuesday we were asked to go around the room and mention a prayer request for our self. I told them that I struggle with trusting God when things don’t seem logical. The leader of the group pulled no punches and said to me, “Basically, you’re saying that you want to be in control.” I think she has me pegged. Evan’s had a job offer, an interview, and a second interview request in the last couple of weeks. It would seem like everything is looking up, but the salaries that these places are offering are not what we were expecting. They are better than what he is making now and I guess that’s a plus, but still . . .
So, I’ve made myself nuts doing calculations and sending myself into a financial tornado of doom. I’m sure that doesn’t help Evan make a decision. He’s already turned down one job – way too much travel using our one and only personal vehicle. The job interview yesterday is for a job that he thinks he would enjoy and it has benefits after 30 days (That would mean our COBRA expense would be gone). The second interview request is something he’s not gung-ho about anymore, but he may schedule the interview anyway.
Evan has never been a job hopper. He was at his last job for ten years, so the idea of hopping from one job to another even to make more money is hard for him. He’s loyal. He doesn’t like to change once he gets comfortable. We’ve discussed all the options and he knows what I like and don’t like, but ultimately, he will make the final decision.
I have a decision to make too and it isn’t going to be easy. I’m going to have to give up my plans and ask God to be in control. Why does this seem to be the story of my life? It’s funny how God can do such amazing things in your life, but they are so easy to forget when a new trial or challenge comes our way. So, that's my daily struggle.
Other than this issue, we are doing really well. Tomorrow my mom is taking Nicholas and me out for my birthday. It will be nice to spend the day with her, as well as get out of the house. I don’t know who is more excited, Nicholas or me?
1 comment:
I think Nicholas is probably more excited than you... he's always up for a party :).
Love ya Kristin!
Post a Comment