Monday, June 7, 2010

A Day at the Zoo

This was Nicholas’ 2nd trip to the zoo since he has been home. He went last summer, but this was his first time as a three year old. I think he was a little more interested than last time. It was hard for him to enjoy the animals though unless they were big and right in front of his face. He didn’t want to have to search for sleeping animals huddled in the corner or hidden in the trees. Thankfully, we got to see a couple up close. A few of the giraffes were nice enough to come close to the crowds to eat their lunch. Also, a wolf and leopard walked by a couple of times enabling Nicholas to get a good look.









However, there were a couple of “attractions” that caught Nicholas’ attention a lot longer than others.




Yes, he watched intently as the men worked on the new exhibits. He probably would have stood there a lot longer than he did, but we wanted to move along after a few minutes. My child is all-boy and construction equipment is one of the most exciting things to him. They’re doing some major roadwork less than ten minutes from our house. I was thinking that maybe we should take our lawn chairs and hang out for a few hours. I bet that would be the longest I ever got him to sit.

But, I still think he enjoyed the zoo. We did a lot of walking, which resulted in an almost three hour nap! Between the walking and lifting up Nicholas, I too felt like I had a workout today.

In other news, our home study agency is showing us how inefficient (the nicest word I could think of) they are again. I was supposed to have the post-placement report in my hands no later than today. Of course, it is not here and I cannot get a hold of her. I notified our adoption agency of the problem, so this wouldn’t be counted against us. I’m tired of having to hound them every time something is due. It will work out if it comes tomorrow. I just feel bad because they’re inconveniencing a lot more people than just Evan and me. My dad has volunteered to take me downtown to get the apostille and worked his work schedule around it. While he always works things out for us, I wish things could just go as planned. Anyway . . . I wish I could say I feel better now that I vented, but I much prefer to have the report in hand. Don’t get me started if it comes and has errors in it. Okay. I’m done now.

Well, we’re waiting on Evan to come home, so we can share with him about our day. Also, I’m looking forward to watching him take an anniversary snooze on the couch.

No comments: