My cousin Jessica was able to get him in the water. He was a little nervous, but soon found his comfort zone. He was especially happy when they blew up a boat for him to sit in. We later put arm floaties and a vest on him, which gave him even more freedom. While he’s still not thrilled about going underwater, he definitely loved spending time in the pool.
We’ll be heading back there in a couple of weeks, so I’m sure he’ll get braver with each time. I do know that he had a good time. He told Evan and me how much fun he had the entire drive home.
Nicholas has been making me smile a lot lately. Here’s a conversation from today:
N: Mommy, I want to tell you something.
Me: Okay. What do you want to tell me?
N: I’m going on a trip. I’m going to the shopping mall. I’m going to Giant Eagle. I’m going to the store.
So, later I was telling this to Evan. Evan looked at Nicholas and asked him who was going with him.
N: I’m going all by myself. You (pointing to me and Evan) stay here.
Me: How are you going to get there?
N: I’m going to drive.
Me: Really? How old do you have to be to drive?
N: Not 16. Three!
That child has an excellent memory. He’s picking up on things so quickly. In fact, today he spelled his name for me several times. I didn’t even know he was close to learning how to spell it. When I write his name I try and say each letter out loud, but I’ve never really made him recite it.
We decided to be a little wild and crazy today on our walk and take a different route. I brought his stroller just in case he got a little tired. We walked all over the neighborhood for 45 minutes. There were a couple times that he wanted to sit and I got a work out pushing around my almost 40 pounder! I wondered if he would sleep a little longer during his nap today. I’m not sure when he woke up though because it was me who was out cold!
Well, we have an exciting week ahead. Why? Well, Friday is my birthday!!! I think Nicholas is as excited as I am because it really starts off the birthday season for our family. Here comes the cake . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment