Monday, June 28, 2010

I had a wonderful birthday Friday. My mom picked us up that morning and took us to the East Side for a little shopping and lunch. We all enjoyed ourselves, especially Nicholas who got to be with his “best friend”.



My mom and I did make a very interesting observation Friday at the bookstore. We were trying to kill time before we went to lunch, so we decided to look at some children’s books. This bookstore had a train table and a kitchen. Nicholas quickly made a friend or two and started playing. About 10-15 minutes after we got there, and employee started story time. Nicholas quickly sat down to listen. Just as quickly as he sat down he got right back up. Months ago I had tried to take him to story time at the library, but he wasn’t ready to sit. Friday’s story time told me that it probably has more to do with his age and gender than anything else. No one listened to this lady read the books. They all continued to play. And, they were all boys, ages 2-3. From my experience, boys at this age (and even older) need to move. At least, I feel better about our past experience at the library now.

On Saturday we continued the celebration. We had brunch with my parents followed by ice cream cake a few hours later. It was fun to hear Nicholas start to sing along to “Happy Birthday” now. He sat on my lap, but let me blow out my own candles. I was kind of surprised. He did enjoy eating the cake though.

I have minimal eye makeup on that day. It was my first time wearing contacts again after having a stye in my eye most of that week.



I'm not afraid to show my age. At least, I don't look it!





Sunday was our last membership class at church. It was nice having dinner with the same people every Sunday, but I will be happy to have Nicholas on his regular sleeping schedule. He has made some of his own friends now in class. He was happily chasing and was chased by one little girl in particular. Supposedly, they’re best friends now (Sorry, Mom). Her dad was already talking arranged marriage. Ha ha.

Finally, I’m going to leave you with some pictures from the park from this weekend. Nicholas was more than happy to pose for the camera.







He’s not the only one who can strike a pose though!


1 comment:

Kristy K said...

I love his sunglasses :). I'm glad your birthday was GREAT!