I think I've talked about in the past about how we handle
Halloween. We do let the kids dress up
in costumes and go trick-or-treating.
However, we’re not ones to put out a bunch of scary decorations. Also, their costumes can’t be evil.
This was actually Daniel’s first Halloween. Last year he was only five months and had a
cold, so we weren't going to torture him by dressing him up in a costume. This year we decided he was ready. My sister found a costume that was just
perfect to him. Coupled with Nicholas’
old Halloween bucket, he looked great. It’s
too bad he really didn't want to wear the Elmo hat.
Nicholas definitely knew who he wanted to be this year. I found a Superman costume on amazon.com a month or so
ago at a good price. He wore it to the
Harvest Party at church on Wednesday night too.
He came home telling us that everyone loved his costume. I know he did.
| He had a superman sweatshirt to help keep him warm. |
| Ready to brave the rain |
Daniel lasted about 5 minutes while Evan and Nicholas stayed out a whole
15 minutes. Thankfully, some of the
neighbors were generous with the amount of candy they gave out, so it wasn't a
total loss. I know Nicholas was a little
disappointed, but I think he’s happy to be back in a warm house.
| Soaked, but enjoying his candy |
| Happy to at least get some candy |
Well, better luck next year. I will say that not having so much candy makes it easier on our waistlines. However, if I'm feeling nice enough maybe I'll pick up a discounted bag of candy for them tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment