Friday, October 18, 2013

17 Months!

It seems that the last few posts have been about Daniel so there isn't too much else to add.  It is nice to have him back after being sick.  I feel like a weight has been lifted off my hip shoulders.  He still wants to spend time with me, but he’s also gone back to playing well by himself.

So, what’s he been doing?

Well, he continues to show us that he’s paying attention when it comes to the Classical Conversations’ memory work.  Someone put hand motions to the timeline to help you remember each entry.  Daniel can do a couple of them already.  Of course, he wouldn't do them when I tried to record him.  If we keep up CC in future years, he’ll know all material by the time he’s old enough to join in 3 years.

He still doesn't say very much though.  I've noticed lately that he’s been more frustrated.  He’s got the sign for “please” down pat and uses it for everything he wants.  He also signs “more” and “milk”. 

I love this frustrated little face.

He’s still our little mess maker.  I stopped giving him cereal every day because he continues to throw it on my floor for fun.  He also loves to give a little stomp to it sometimes too.




Stomp, stomp!


We have found that coloring really is the answer when we need Daniel out of the way or kept busy.  Most of the time this works, but he still gets greedy and hoards the crayons.

I got him down right after I took his picture.


Or, throws them on the floor too . . .





Books are still made for stacking.

And sometimes Nicholas helps to make a really tall tower.



And, yes, he reads them too.








I’m training him to help around the house.





Cleaning up his crayons



But, sometimes life just makes him tired.




Most of all, he's fun to be around!





Seventeen months have gone so fast!



p.s. - Happy Birthday, Poppy!  Thanks for sharing the 18th with us this month!

No comments: