I had plans on Sunday, but ended up staying home with him
all day as he caught up on some much needed sleep. We started to see the real Daniel later that
afternoon and thought he was on the mend.
Then, Monday morning I noticed he had broken out in a rash all over his
neck and torso. While he was probably
not contagious, I left him home with Evan while Nicholas and I went to CC. That was the first time I had a break in
days.
The rest of the day he seemed to be eating and playing
fine. But, once nighttime hit, he was
very vocal about not wanting to go to bed.
He screamed and screamed until we finally got him to sleep. Around 11:00 he woke up and it was apparent
that he was not going to go back to sleep without some assistance. So, we
spent some time downstairs together. We
actually played and read books until he was sleepy enough to fall back to
sleep. Needless to say, I am tired!
Today started out rough, but has slowly been better. I think Daniel is tired, but has started a
new thing unrelated to his illness – just being a toddler. After being coddled for several days, he’s
been throwing little tantrums when he doesn't get his way. Even though he’s really cute, it is time to
train him that it doesn't work around here.
That’s easier said than done.
I also have to restore the attention balance between my
children again. Nicholas has been
struggling while Daniel has been sick because Nicholas’ love language is
physical touch. He sees Daniel hanging
all over me and is getting a little jealous.
I've been trying to tell him that a sick toddler hanging off of me 24/7
is not my idea of a good time, but it still has been hard for him to
understand. Hopefully, as Daniel gets
back to 100%, that things will be easier for everyone.
Here are a few pictures from some better times (pre-illness):
| Enjoying a little snack before his haircut. |
| Daniel had his own box too. |
| Killing time at the library during a showing. He's reading "Everyone Poops." |
| Daniel likes books too! |
Now, here we are coming out of the illness.
| He spent some time coloring today. That always makes him happy! |
I managed to get a 20-30 minute nap today while Daniel slept upstairs. When he woke up crying, he woke me up. I wasn't fully awake, so I instinctively went and got him from his nap. Fifteen minutes later, it was clear that he was still tired. So, was Gabby!
Then, as the nap progressed, he became even more popular.
If there were anymore room on the couch, I'd join them. But, instead, I've found time to write up this quick post. I'm hoping that he wakes up in a great mood!
Nicholas has another class starting up tomorrow, so we're hoping everyone is healthy and tantrum-free.
No comments:
Post a Comment