Last month when he had a little fever, he needed his mommy a
lot. It lasted a few days and then he
was better, but he still desired that closeness. Suddenly, he didn't want to nap – AT ALL! He would grip his legs around me so tight as
we walked toward his bed. He would cry
and point at me as I put him down. And,
he would cry and cry and cry, but barely sleep.
To make sure I knew how mad he really was, he would go #2 every day –
sometimes more than once! And, he would
scream as loud as he could.
I’m writing this in past tense, but I probably could change
it to present tense. He still cries,
points, and poops, but he may have slept 45 minutes to an hour yesterday. I guess that’s progress. He doesn't do this when he goes to bed each
night. This is just reserved for nap
time.
This lack of nap is having the biggest effect on me. Call me selfish, but rest/nap time is my time
to unwind and just relax for a couple of hours.
Listening to screaming and changing diapers during this time is not
enjoyable.
I have a couple of things motivating me not to give up. First, Daniel is strong-willed and stubborn,
but so am I. I don’t let my kids win
battles they shouldn't win. He needs a
nap still, so he’s going to learn that he has to take one. We can battle this out for a month if he
wants, but he’s staying in his bed during nap time. Second, I know this is just a phase. And, because I know that things can change at
any time, I press on.
However, thank goodness he’s cute and enjoyable otherwise, or I may just go crazy in the midst of
this phase!
| I love this silly boy! |
No comments:
Post a Comment