At the end of each class, the tutor reviews old
material. She thought it would be fun to
pit the parents vs. the kids. Guess who won?
When I was put on the spot, I just froze. It was like my brain wouldn't work. Later, Nicholas asked me why I had a certain
facial expression during the game.
Apparently, I looked like a deer in the headlights.
I can see why this program is called “Foundations” and why
it is for ages 4-12. Their minds are
just able to grasp it more. I just can’t
recite it as quickly as Nicholas can.
This is probably not good for his ego.
| Nicholas is always so serious when he starts his presentation. He is introducing Evan as his "special guest". |
| A lot more relaxed |
The rest of our school year is running very smoothly. Nicholas is also enjoying his life skills
class on Wednesdays. He’s made some
great recipes so far, including a breakfast sandwich this past week. He was excited that he got to crack an egg in
class and heat up the bacon. He’s also
able to do some basic sewing, which will come in handy since that’s never been
something I've liked doing.
Last night, Evan took Nicholas to his first concert. They both had a good time. Evan also paid for V.I.P. tickets so they
could meet the band. Their seats were only 5-6 rows back. There were several
people from our church there, so they were in good company.
![]() |
| Evan and Nicholas with Third Day |
We did our grocery shopping this morning. I like to call it – “real life school”. I think it is actually working. When the cashier told me how much I owed,
Nicholas asked, “Is that over budget?” I’m happy to say it wasn't over budget. Then, he went and bought a book of stamps for
me. I stand back just enough that I can
help out if needed, but give him some freedom. The cashier complimented him on his good
manners, so I let him keep the $1.00 change.
Well, that's all that is going on. I’m waiting for Nicholas to crash after such a late night
yesterday. I know Evan’s already feeling
it. He must be getting old. ;)

1 comment:
Thank you for being so faithful about updating! I love seeing how the boys have grown! I miss you!
Post a Comment