Nicholas has been getting a lot of fake tattoos with the monster trucks he got for his birthday. I figured out that he thought all tattoos were rub-on like those were. He told me last week that when he’s older he wants a “big, expensive tattoo”. However, when I finally told him how real tattoos were put on, he changed his mind. He does not like needles!
That leads us to today . . . Today was Nicholas’ five-year check-up. He had an excellent appointment for the most part. The doctor said he’s doing really well and he’s healthy. He was cooperative and fun-loving until it came time for the nurse to come back in. Nicholas has been behind on his shots since he came home. We’ve been slowly catching him up. Well, we’re almost there. Today he needed two!
So, his whole demeanor changed as the nurse walked in. I had to put him on the table and hold him down with all of my strength. The nurse managed to hold down his legs. I had my body pressing down his one arm, my hand holding another, and my other hand lightly over his mouth to lessen the piercing shrieking that he was doing in my ear.
When it was all done, and the entire city had been made aware that Nicholas was getting shots, he was happy as a clam. The nurses outside the office all remarked on how smiley he was now. I asked him if he was embarrassed that everyone had heard him scream. Nope, he wasn’t. I, on the other hand, was sweating from holding him down.
He still has one more shot to get next year. Either he has to get over the fear or I had better start my weight training program now!
No comments:
Post a Comment