Since we are celebrating with family this weekend, I still tried to make his actual birthday fun. Evan made a special run to get Nicholas breakfast, which included five donut holes! He opened a couple of presents this morning, but the big gift we saved for when Evan got home.
Please excuse the smudge that was on my camera lens all day.
| The glowing orb is his bagel. |
| That's my boy! He loves books! |
| Obligatory wall picture |
| Here's what he really thinks about my picture-taking. |
Then, Nicholas and I went to the grocery store. Isn’t that exciting? I guess it is when you have “friends” at each location. He has a cashier that likes him at the one place and a woman from our church that works at the other store. His favorite cashier had a special surprise for him today – one that shocked me too. As we were leaving, she went over the loudspeaker and said, “Attention Shoppers, I would like to wish Nicholas a Happy 5th Birthday today.” Even though it wasn’t about me, I still felt like I was bright red. I hate the spotlight. Nicholas was a little surprised too. It was a nice gesture though.
Since we weren’t having a party today, I told him to pick a restaurant for lunch. Of course, he picked the one that serves milkshakes. He tried the new brownie one. Later he would have a nice tummy ache, but I think he still thinks it was worth it.
Evan also got off early enough that Nicholas got to try out his new bike while there was still daylight. He also loved his new helmet. His reaction to the bike was, “What! Really? You got me a bike?” It was said in a tone of disbelief. I found it weird because he’s been asking me all day when he can have his bike.
| The helmet makes him look like he has sideburns. |
He’ll need a little practice to really get moving. He quickly learned not to turn too sharply. But, I have a feeling that he’ll get the hang of it in no time.
Now we’re just hanging out until bedtime. I think I finally convinced Nicholas that he’s not wearing his helmet to bed.
We’re off to his violin lesson in the morning before celebrating his birthday once again tomorrow afternoon. He’s getting another present then that he’s been talking about for a while. Stay tuned.
1 comment:
Sounds like a great birthday! I'm glad he liked the bike - I think he was just pretending to be shocked for your sake :).
Happy Birthday Buddy!
Post a Comment