We had a great time celebrating Nicholas’ birthday with my family yesterday. Nicholas had been asking my sister for a while to get him a video game. She humored him and actually bought him a DS. At first I wasn’t too keen on him getting one, but then I decided to use it to our advantage. I am going to limit Nicholas’ playing time each day. He can earn extra time on days where I see he’s really listening. On days where he chooses not to obey, we’ll take time away. That is – if he can get the game from his father.
Evan was “testing it out” for Nicholas yesterday. My sister had fun trying to keep track of how many times Nicholas said, “Daddy, can I have a turn now?” Hopefully, he got his fill while Nicholas was sleeping last night.
 |
| Just "testing" it. |
 |
| More "testing" |
 |
| Finally! |
Nicholas did receive a lot of other great presents. He was excited about each one.
 |
| Nicholas and G.G. (Too bad he isn't looking) |
 |
| A Buckeyes Football |
 |
| He posed like this with almost every present. |
My sister also did a great job of making him a construction cake. He couldn’t get enough of the Butterfinger “dirt”.
 |
| Eating more "dirt" |
We’re off to his final birthday party in a little bit. Ironically, after all the sugar he is having this weekend, he has a dentist appointment tomorrow. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment