Let's talk about Russian food. In particular, we'll discuss the Russian breakfast. Each morning we get a complimentary breakfast at the hotel cafe. We knew before we came here that Russian breakfasts can be heavy, but today took the cake. Let's start with what we've had so far:
Day one:
Ham and Cheese Omelet, bread with bacon (which would be considered a piece of ham in the U.S.) and cheese, and a French Pastry
Day two (Not our favorite day):
Cornflakes with muselix (This is really cornflakes with dried oatmeal and some warm milk), bread with bacon and cheese, and a French Pastry
Day three:
Blini (pancake) with strawberry preserves, eggs, bread with bacon and cheese and a French pastry
Now onto this morning . . .
Evan had a bowl of rice pilaf, which looked the consistency of cream of wheat. He also had some blinis with meat (which he barely touched) and bread with bacon and cheese.
I, however, enjoyed a large plate of spaghetti with meat sauce, bread with bacon and cheese and a french pastry. The way I see it is when the food is put in front of you, eat it. We never know where we will eat next or if we will like it. I just think it is funny because I can barely eat a bowl of cereal in the morning back home. Carnation Instant breakfast use to be more up my alley.
Anyway, onto our morning visit. Today went extremely well. He even smiled for us and did not cry much at all. We also gave him a juice bottle, which he drank in record time!!! I think he is starting to know us more and more and enjoying being with us. I just don't want to tomorrow at 6:00 PM to come because that is the last time we will see him for awhile. We have really grown to love him and can't wait to bring him home.
We have to go now and find some place to eat. We are not really in for adventure. We have had pizza four times in the last two days! But, we should be able to blog one more time before we head home. Until then . . .
Kristin
1 comment:
We are so excited that you are finally getting your baby.I'm sure he is adorable. We can not wait to see and meet him.
The Duley Family
Post a Comment