Nothing is ever easy! 80% of the paperwork is in our hands. Some needs to be signed and notarized. Others just need to go to the Secretary of State to be apostilled. And, the visas arrived today! We have two headaches though - one minor and one migraine! Evan's employment letter is still not done. Every notary in his company has not signed their name the way they are commissioned. I don't believe it is entirely their fault. We were assured that it would be handled and that the documents should reach us by Friday.
Now onto the migraine . . . The FBI! We sent them four fingerprint cards (the old fashioned way with ink) on March 31st with a note asking them to rush them and have them back by today. Evan called to follow-up and they were just starting to work on them. They may have them sent out by Friday. I'm so glad (insert sarcasm) that they have a total disregard for a deadline. They are the ones who said to put a date on it if it needs to be expedited.
I am so thankful that our travel dates were moved. I can't imagine how crazy things would be if we were leaving Monday. Everything seems to be working out for the best. I will feel a little better when all of the documents are in our possession though.
This weekend looks like it will be pretty busy. We have a lot of things to do and a lot of things to buy. I am still feeling a combination of excitement and nervousness. We were able to talk to a couple on the phone the other night who has adopted from Russia. They had a lot of good advice. Their biggest advice was, "Have a sense of humor". Things do not run like they do in the United States, so we have to go with the flow. I guess that shouldn't be too hard because not everything has been moving too smoothly here either.
So, that's the update for right now. Hopefully, by the end of the week I will be able to post that all of our documents are here! Please pray.
Kristin
1 comment:
Your departure date is quickly approaching! We're excited for you... be sure to take time to care for yourselves!
Post a Comment