Well, with Daniel back to his normal self, we’re back to our
normal routine for the most part. Other than CC,
our week was pretty empty, other than school.
I think this is the calm before the storm because we have a lot of
activities and appointments in the next three weeks. There won’t be as much downtime, but we will
get a lot accomplished.
As far as F week goes, Daniel decorated his F with
fish. He really likes to use the glue
stick, so I usually let him help me put glue on each piece of paper.
| New cheesy smile |
| Got him to look at me |
F is also for friends.
Daniel still isn't that great about having his picture taken. It is very rare to get him looking at the
camera (see above), although I did get a couple of good pictures this week. He also wanted to use the camera by himself. I helped him take a picture of his
“friends” on the couch.
Then, he joined them.
We also did a little pre-writing practice this week. He just needed to follow the dotted
lines. He did pretty well. It wasn't perfect, but that’s not the goal of
his schooling anyway.
We also incorporated the letter F into his snack time. He had fish crackers, Of course, Nicholas enjoys any letter of the week snacks we have too.
As I've said before, sometimes learning is unplanned. I only make up activities to give him a
little structure. But, this week he
found a clock puzzle and worked very hard to figure out which shape to put into
each hole.
Later, he just decided to stack them.
Nicholas worked on a science experiment this week, which
went nicely with our F theme. He was
trying to see why ocean water (which is colder than 32 degrees in some places)
does not freeze. We put salt in one
glass of water and the other glass had just water. We found that the salt drops the temperature
at which water freezes, so it took longer to freeze than the regular water.
| F is for frozen |
Daniel’s materials were found from various websites, such
as:
No comments:
Post a Comment