Friday, September 19, 2014

Extraordinary Week

What a week!  Daniel continues to catch every virus under the sun.  Last Friday, he woke up with what looked like cold sores on his lips.  They started out as just white circles, but as the days went on, his lips became a scabby mess.  I would say that Monday and Tuesday were the worst-looking.  Our little non-eater didn’t feel like eating and was having trouble sleeping too.  He started to turn the corner on Wednesday and has pretty much gone back to his old self.  We’re just waiting for his lips to finish healing.

We did manage to get some school done.  He decorated his E with elephants.





He colored a picture or two of Elmo, which he seemed excited about.







We worked on counting by putting elephants in number order and then counting them one-by-one.




Nicholas found a show on PBS that was talking about elephants.  So, he and Daniel watched it on the Kindle.






I also gave him a dry erase alphabet book to keep him occupied, so Nicholas and I could get some things done.  I’m not sure if he had more fun writing in it or erasing it.




Also, we started a new co-op this week at our church.  Thankfully, it is only every other Tuesday afternoon.  I was beat after CC on Monday and then a busy Tuesday.  Or maybe it was the fact that I had a whiny, over-tired 2-year-old with scabbed over lips who wasn’t thrilled with not being able to run all over the building.  That could be it.  I told him not to leave the kitchen where we were doing art.  He sat down in protest, but he didn’t leave.




I’ve also noticed that Daniel has been picking up Nicholas’ memory work from CC.  He has translated Latin into English, recited part of the timeline song, and finished one of our history sentences.  See, kids are sponges.  I don’t think we give them enough credit.


In closing, I want to show you a small glimpse of what my boys like to do:

Show off their muscles




They also like to be superheroes.  Even when they are reading or working on school.









It can be loud and crazy here sometimes.  Sometimes I just want to hide.  But, I love being with my boys.  There is never a dull moment.











Daniel’s materials were found from various websites, such as:


No comments: