This has been another busy week. We had our CC Orientation and it looks like
it will be a fun year. As I said before,
I am tutoring, so there is a lot more on my plate than just showing up each
week. I’m sure the first few weeks will
be a learning experience, but I’m ready for the challenge.
We also had a meeting for a new homeschool co-op that is
starting at our church. I’m not sure
what level of involvement I will have yet, but Nicholas is excited because some
of his friends from church will be in it.
He also will be able to make new friends as well.
During all of this homeschool fun, Daniel went and got
croup. He had it when he was 13 months
old, but a little worse than he has it now.
He’s basically fine unless he cries or wants to sleep. Let’s just say that Evan and I have not had a
good night’s sleep in days. Although,
last night we did have some longer stretches between him waking up. We saw the doctor on Wednesday and they
prescribed him steroids. Today is the
last day for him to take his medicine, so hopefully, he’ll be better in the
next day or so.
Since Daniel seemed to feel fine most of the time we were able
to complete a lot of his activities for B week.
First, he decorated the B with various balls.
| Nicholas was trying to show Daniel a B on his handwriting sheet, but Daniel was preoccupied. |
| The finished product |
He ate cheddar bunnies for a snack several times this week.
We also threw in some blueberries too.
He used dot paint to paint a picture of a bear. This he loved and ended up dot painting a lot
of things this week.
Nicholas took a spelling test and Daniel wanted to join
in. We say that when Nicholas is working
on reading and spelling, Daniel is working on talking. He likes to repeat a lot of what is said.
Nicholas took over some teaching duties and played a game or
two with Daniel. He and Daniel looked
through the toys to find all the ones that were blue.
Daniel also glued on pieces to make a bear out of the letter
B.
| Bob the Tomato helped out. |
Finally, B is for Birthdays.
We've celebrated a lot. Daniel is
always trying to figure out who he says “Happy Birthday” to next. We celebrated Evan’s mom’s birthday last
Sunday. Today is my mom’s and we will
celebrate it on Labor Day.
| We got her a new book to read. |
| They had some dog event in the park, so Daniel decided to hug this cat (Go figure!). |
| Making Nana's birthday cards. |
| Daniel decided to write all over his arms when I wasn't looking. It could have been worse. |
We are looking forward to a long weekend before moving onto the letter C!
Daniel’s materials were found from various websites, such
as:
No comments:
Post a Comment