So, I've kind of been away from the blog for a couple of weeks
(as you have noticed). We've been pretty
busy. Sorry.
Evan celebrated his birthday at
the end of last month. We went over to
his parents’ house and had a fun time celebrating there. Here are a few pictures from that
morning. We had Evan open his presents
before church.
| We had to throw in something sweet for him. |
| We also found Buckeye socks. |
Lately, the boys have been pretending to be super
heroes. They both have an outfit that
they like to wear. It is nice that we
found something that Daniel could wear since he wants to do everything that
Nicholas does.
| He was happy to pose. |
| He was not. |
| I caught him! |
Nicholas and I spent Wednesday through Friday at an all-day
Parent Practicum for CC. Nicholas was
actually in a GeoDrawing Camp, while I was at the Practicum. Each morning Nana or Poppy would come and
pick up Daniel. I didn't want to have
him be in the nursery for three days, so he had his own “camp” with my
parents. Daniel had a lot of fun and was
as easy as an active 2-year-old can be.
I think he was surprised when he actually stayed home with us today.
This parent practicum was to teach parents more about the classical
model of education. In the afternoon,
was my tutor training. Yes, this is my “job”
for the school year. I am the tutor for
Nicholas’ class this school year. Our
new campus director asked me to be one.
I've been having a lot of fun planning, but I’m a little nervous at the
same time. I know most of my class
though, so I hope that helps knowing just how to present the information.
Nicholas’ GeoDrawing camp was fun. The topic was the United States since that is
what we are studying at CC this year. He
traced the world; learned the capitals; learned fun facts about the different
states. There was also recess and
games. Finally, they did so well with
their states game that they earned a donut party on Friday afternoon. That definitely was one of the highlights for
Nicholas.
Nicholas and I had a lot of time to bond on the car rides
there and back each day. Parents also
ate lunch with their children each day.
We were able to eat with some of the families that we know. The practicum was pretty good, but we were
pretty tired each night. It should be a
good year at CC though.
Finally, Evan has a long weekend. He’s a trainer for his company now, so
occasionally his schedule changes. This
week was good change. We’re thankful for
the extra time with him, especially since we were all going in different
directions the last few days. We have a
lot of activities ahead, so I’ll try not to fall off the face of the earth – at
least not for that long.
No comments:
Post a Comment