So, Daniel is doing the letter of the week activities like
Nicholas. I don’t know that I’ll
document every week like I did for Nicholas, but I’m sure I’ll highlight many
of the interesting things we do.
But, for the first week he did decorate the letter A with ants.
We had “ants on a log” with our lunch, as well, as some cut
up apples.
The next day we read Ten Apples Up on Top. Then, we glued 10 apples on top of a picture
of Daniel, so he could be just like the characters in the book. This is an activity that I also did with
Nicholas when he was younger. They both enjoyed it.
| Ten Apples on Top of Daniel's Head! |
I have been putting some of Daniel’s artwork on the
refrigerator. I notice he goes over
there a couple of times a day to look at it.
On Tuesday I heard him saying, “Eight. Nine. Eight. Nine”.
I looked over and he was counting the apples on his head in the
picture. We don’t have counting to ten
down yet, but those two numbers seem to be his favorite.
Daniel did take the time to do some more box stacking. He is getting more creative.
Finally, we finished up school with coloring an alligator
that looked like an A.
Daniel must be learning because he’s been telling me all
week the words that start with an A.
The best is when he tells me that A is for Aunt Amy. However, he calls her “Mamie”. So, is he correct? ;)
I think this school year is going to be fun for him now that
I know he is interested in doing the activities. And, just in case you think we forgot about
the big kid. Here are a couple of pictures of him too:
| Taking science notes by himself for the first time. |
This week has been full of appointments and “field trips”. Next week we’ll be at home a little more
often.
Daniel’s materials were found from various websites, such
as:
No comments:
Post a Comment