I have had a lot on my mind lately. Some of it I feel like sharing. First and foremost, I have to talk about someone that has captured my heart lately. In fact, some of you have even heard me talk about him. I read a lot of adoption blogs and many people have adopted a special needs child that they have found on Reece’s Rainbow. It is not an adoption agency, but a non-profit organization that advocates for special needs children around the world to find them a home. I stumbled across a little boy that just captured my heart. But, we aren’t in the position to adopt him. He’s actually healthy, as most of the children are not. He turns 4 next month and is in Russia. I don’t know much about him, other than what is in his description (although, I used my investigative skills to find out what region he is in and his real name). But, take a look at Victor or any other of the children on the lists. If he or any of the other children captures your heart, please pray for them, or consider adopting a child yourself.
Believe me, if I could adopt him, I would. But, we have to think of Nicholas first and I’m not sure that it is best for him. Also, Evan’s job isn’t as flexible as the last one. And, we need to wait out our wait for our domestic adoption (as hard as it is). I questioned why God would show me that picture and allow it to touch my heart, but not let us adopt him. But, sometimes I think God allows us to feel for someone so we will pray for them. Somewhere, Victor has a family. I hope I get to see who that will be.
On our adoption front, our agency has two expecting mothers that are weighing their options. I really feel like we’re going to get the call when we least expect it. I’m always told that I should keep living life and not wait for something to happen. Well, it looks like life will definitely keep moving. Suddenly, I feel like we’ve got a lot going, especially starting next month. Between our own activities and Nicholas’, we shouldn’t be too bored.
I am most happy for Evan though. He is going to get a life! That sounds funny, but he’ll be the first to admit it. Since he started this job a year ago, the hours have limited his social life. Before his hours changed, he could never do anything during the week. When his hours changed, he had to stop helping with the youth group, which was hard for him. He needed to spend time with us on Sunday evenings. But, because of his new schedule he will be able to be in a men’s Bible study starting next month. Also, the youth group is eventually going to go from Sunday nights to Wednesday nights. He’ll be able to help again! The best part is that we’ll be at church with him. Nicholas will have a program and then I will either help in one of the ministries or attend the prayer meeting. So, while Evan’s hours have been difficult at times, we are starting see a bit of a bright side.
In other news, I have to shout from the roof tops that we are debt free! Granted, we still have a mortgage, but we have no consumer debt. I hated our car payment from day one. Last week we said good bye to it! I am happy to have that money freed up every month. Now we will have that money to save for our adoption and other important areas.
Well, now you know some of things on my mind right now. What's on yours?
1 comment:
So many great things happening for your family. I'm so very happy for you! :)
Post a Comment