Saturday, July 2, 2011

Tick, Tick, Tick . . .

I feel like I’m on a ticking time bomb right now. See, my new laptop (got it less than three months ago) decided to go haywire this week. The graphics got all messed up, so we had to take it in. I almost cried as they told me it could take 3-4 weeks to fix it. The reason we got a new laptop is that our old one (the one I’m using right now) overheats and shuts down. You never know when it will do it though. It could be immediately when you start it up, even if it has been off for hours. Or it could work for twenty minutes. I’ve been lucky and had it work for a couple of hours, but that is pretty rare. So, I’m glad I don’t have to use my laptop for anything important, but it still is an inconvenience.


I’m looking forward to this weekend. July 4th is not only our country’s independence day, but also the day that Nicholas arrived in Ohio. It’s the day that he became a United States citizen two years ago. My dad and I were talking yesterday and he said something so true. That is has only been two years, but it seems like ten or longer. I don’t think any of us can imagine our lives without Nicholas. That boy is loved!

I e-mailed our social worker about something this week and then asked her if there were any birthmothers that were working with them. There are two, but I don’t know if they are just initial talks or if they are sure they want to place their babies for adoption. It is hard to be patient! Fundraising is still going okay. Please refer to this post if you want to help us bring our second child home.

We kept pretty busy this week. During play group on Wednesday, Nicholas overcame some of his fears. I got him to hang on the monkey bars.






Also, he has always hated swings. He used to scream at the top of his lungs if you even put him on one. Well, on Wednesday, I got him to sit. He also let me push him a little bit. It’s progress.


He looks uncomfortable, but they only had the baby swings.





Yesterday we went to my parents’ house for dinner. I got to try out my new camera for the first time. I was amazed that I could take a picture so quickly. I didn’t have to tell the person to wait until I counted to six before moving.






Posing








Tomorrow we’re going swimming! It will be Nicholas’ first time to swim since his swimming lessons this winter. I’m excited to see if he is braver this summer.

Well, I’m going to publish this post now in case this computer decides it is done with me and shuts down!

No comments: